Student Health Center
Our mission is to promote the health and wellness of the university population by offering quality medical and psychological services to the students of Lamar University and Lamar Institute of Technology. The goal of the Student Health Center is to give you a same day appointment. If the volume of patients prevents this, you will be offered the first available opening that is appropriate for your visit.
The Student Health Center Immunizations information page addresses common questions regarding the bacterial meningitis vaccination and the tuberculosis (TB) testing policy. Remember to stop by the Student Health Center and make an appointment for your TB test each time you return from travel out of the US to a country on the WHO list. Check the World Health Organization website for the latest news regarding tuberculosis.
The Student Health Center Patient Portal allows secure access to your Student Health Center records. Access includes lab results, immunization records and billing. You may also check on an appointment time, update insurance and contact information (cell phone number). You will be receiving secure messages regarding your healthcare through the secure portal. To create a sign on, simply follow these instructions:
- Click here to access the Patient Portal.
- Click sign up and fill out the online form using your my.lamar.edu email address.
- Check your my.lamar.edu or lit.edu email account for further instructions.
- Complete the registration process.
- If you want future emails to go to an address other than your lamar.edu account, click on your name, choose edit your profile, and change your email address.
Lamar Student Health Center
Frequently Asked Questions about Ebola
Advice for Colleges, Universities & Students regarding Ebola in West Africa (CDC)
Travel Information regarding the Ebola virus from the CDC
Ebola Preparedness Plan
Online tools for your health questions.